Ok..several of my Body By Sid members packed on some extra pounds during this quarantine madness...for real. What about you - did you pack on some pounds during this quarantine, too? Have you been emotionally eating and avoiding exercise?
Let's bounce back to where you were, get rid of the Covid15 quarantine pounds and get you into your best body ever…
Lets start here...
Program Your Mind
Your mind is your number one ally when it comes to achieving your goals. But here's the thing; until your mind has been programmed for success, it will do more to delay your efforts than to help you.
- See yourself in the futue. Take a few moments each day to visualize yourself at your best healthy weight. Imagine how it feels to look the way you’ve always wanted.
- I've said this before..protect your mind from any negative self-talk. If a negative thought comes to mind, immediately reject it.
- You want to be healthy and fit, but you think of yourself as out-of-shape and fat. Re-program your mind to think of yourself as fit and attractive, and you will be well on your way toward achieving your goal.
- Stop doubting yourself. Quit believing that you can’t have the body you’ve always dreamed of. See it first in your mind, and then in the mirror.
Get Over Your Fear
Some people don't like change. Change makes most of us nervous – even if it is a change in the right direction. You may not be consciously aware of the fear you have of getting into shape. Until you conquer this fear, your best body efforts will be blocked by self-sabotage.
Professional speaker and author, Anthony Robbins, has outlined three specific beliefs that you must have in order to conquer your fear and instantly create a lasting change.
- Believe that something MUST change. You can’t be wishy-washy about it. You can’t be considering it. You can’t even be pretty sure about it. You’ve got to be definitely sure that you must change..
- Believe that YOU must change it. You can’t blame someone else and expect to lose weight. It’s on your shoulders..your responsibility. Other people will prove to be great assets in your journey, but in the end you are the one who is going to make it happen. You have to want this weight loss enough to make it your personal mission.
- Believe you CAN change it. You may have failed in the past, but that don’t matter. When you put your mind to it, you’re able to do amazing things. For real. Do you believe that you are capable of losing weight? Once you own the belief that you can, you’ll be unstoppable.
No More Excuses
Your excuses for being out of shape and unhealthy are getting old. An excuse takes less effort than an action, but in the long run the action taker always has the advantage. Don’t allow excuses to ruin your life any longer.
Don’t skip out on your responsibilities with excuses, instead expect more from yourself.
Focus on the big reason why you are losing the weight. Make a list of the benefits you’ll enjoy once you achieve your goal and read them first thing each morning.
Remember that you can only have two things in life: excuses or results. Which do you want?
Strengthen Your Commitment
How many times have you tried to lose weight, only to give up a week or two later? I know...it happens. We live in a world where people don't like to committ, so it’s no wonder that you routinely abandon your goals. If you truly want to lose weight, then your commitment to the process is a must.
- The margin between success and failure is bridged by your commitment. Don’t give up until your goal has been achieved.
- Treat exercise with the same importance as a work meeting, and you’ll never skip it at the last minute. If you're extremly busy (well, no one is too busy for exercise), find four to five available 30-minute time slots in your schedule and mark put them on your calendar. Now stick to your schedule.
- If you don’t give up, then you’ll never fail.
Control What You Eat
If you consistently eat the wrong food, then your weight loss efforts will all be in vain. Stop eating junk. Periodt. Processed foods, refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup do not belong in your diet if you want to be in great shape. Cut these items out of your diet and replace them with real whole foods like lean meats, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and fruits.
Don’t eat processed foods. Even though processed foods are accepted by our society, they contain tons of chemicals and empty calories that will make you sick and fat.
Fat contains twice the caloric density of protein and carbohydrates, so make sure to limit the amount that you consume. Eat lots of lean proteins and wholesome carbohydrates from plants and whole grains.
Vegetables, whole grains, fruits, nuts and seeds are filled with fiber and antioxidants which are vital for healthy weight loss. Snack on these instead of packaged treats.
It takes time to transform your body from fat to fit, even though you want it to happen overnight. Remind yourself that it took time to put the weight on, so it will take time to take the weight off. When you find your patience wavering, or when you encounter a frustrating plateau, do the following:
- From my project management background; review your goal. Is it specific and measurable? Is it small and attainable, rather than monumental? Focus on your goal when the going gets tough.
- Make each workout a new experience. Challenge your body with different resistance, new exercises and a varied pace.
- Remember that anyone can have one great workout, but that won’t get you the body you want. The only way to achieve your goal is by consistently exercising and eating right, plain and simple.
People who exercise alone are less challenged, less accountable and are more likely to fail. It makes sense. Who would rush to the gym if no one is was waiting for them? Who would push themselves if no one was paying attention? Exercising by yourself ain't good for the majority of people.
- Find a workout partner who is in better shape than you, or better yet, if you don't already, work with me, your local fitness expert, to guarantee your results.
- I am passionate about seeing you achieve results—don’t waste your time, energy and effort on mistakes.
- When you start a program with me, you suddenly have the upper hand on weight loss. I’ll be in your corner, coaching you each step of the way, keeping you accountable to workouts and giving you that dose of encouragement when you need it most.
Get serious about your results and begin the last weight loss program that you’ll ever do.
Call or email today to get started. I here for you.
Committed to Your Fitness Success,
Sidney L. West